2 missing US employees in Anambra’s attack safe – Embassy

Date:

Share post:

Two U.S. Mission employees who were declared missing following the May 16 attack on their convoy in Anambra state are alive and safe.

In a statement on Friday, the United States Embassy said that the two staff are under the protection of Nigerian authorities in Anambra.

“Two U.S. Mission employees missing since the May 16 attack in Anambra state are alive and safe, and under the protection of Nigerian authorities in Anambra. 

“We have informed their families of their safe recovery.  U.S. Mission personnel are on their way to meet and accompany them home.”

It added: “We continue to work intensively with Nigerian security and law enforcement on this matter, to identify the victims previously found, and to bring to justice those responsible for this heinous attack. We welcome any information the public may have in this regard.

“We are deeply grateful for the partnership and solidarity of the Nigerian government and Nigerian security and law enforcement colleagues and mourn with them for those who died in the attack.”

spot_img

Related articles

Wild Africa urges swift pangolin protection law

Wild Africa has urged the Federal Government to expedite passage of the Endangered Species Conservation and Protection Bill...

How tanker crash killed woman in Lagos

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) says a petrol tanker accident at Ekoro Road, Abule Egba, has...

Shettiman Keffi applauds President Tinubu over new electoral law

By Shettiman Keffi I wish to sincerely commend President Bola Tinibu, for signing the 2022 Electoral Act into law,...

Traditional Rulers Key to Ndokwa Unity – Amechi Asugwuni

The President-General of the Ndokwa Neku Union (NNU), Chief Amechi Asugwuni, says traditional rulers remain central to promoting...