Leeds striker Rodrigo sidelined for two months

Date:

Share post:

Feb. 2, 2023: Leeds United’s top scorer Rodrigo Moreno has been ruled out of action for around two months with an ankle injury, the Premier League side said on Thursday.

A statement from Leeds said the Spanish striker, 31, had suffered bone and ligament damage from a tackle during Saturday’s 3-1 win at Accrington Stanley in the FA Cup and underwent minor surgery to treat the problem, adding he was expected to be back playing in late March.

Rodrigo has scored 10 Premier League goals this season, six more than Leeds’ second-top scorer Crysencio Summerville, and his injury comes at the start of a testing month for the club, who are 15th in the Premier League standings after 19 games, sitting three places and one point above the relegation zone.

Leeds visit fellow strugglers Nottingham Forest on Saturday and then face rivals Manchester United twice in five days before playing against Everton and Southampton, the bottom two teams in the division.

The good news for Leeds coach Jesse Marsch is that Rodrigo’s absence coincides with the return of Patrick Bamford from a long injury layoff and the arrival of French forward Georginio Rutter, who signed last month from Hoffenheim for a club record 36 million pounds ($44 million). (Reuters)

spot_img

Related articles

UN: Treaty on older people’s rights moves ahead

Geneva, April 3, 2025 – The United Nations Human Rights Council began an intergovernmental process on April 3,...

Funke Akindele set to join Chude Jideonwo on #Withchude live 

This is my way of coming out to tell my own story - Funke Akindele set to join...

LASWA effectively responds to fire incident at Ipakodo ferry…

The Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) has confirmed a fire incident at the Ipakodo Ferry Terminal in Ikorodu,...

NOC hails Kida on appointment as Chairman NNPC Board

Engr. Habu Gumel, President of the Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC), says, ''We in the Olympic Nigeria Olympic Movement...