Tinubu to submit N2 trillion as supplementary budget to N/A

Date:

Share post:

President Bola Tinubu is set to present over N2 trillion naira as a supplementary budget to the National Assembly.

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the submission of the supplementary budget at its weekly meeting held today at the Council Chamber of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Recall that the federal government proposed N26 trillion as the 2024 budget to be submitted to the National Assembly before December 31, 2023.

The Minister of Planning and Budget, Atiku Bagudu, made the budget proposal known at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting held last week Monday.

Bagudu said the council has approved the 2024-2025 medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) and fiscal strategy papers (FSP).

He added that the executive is required by the Fiscal Responsibility Act to present to the national assembly ahead of a budget presentation, a document which will provide the medium-term economic outlook for the economy.

The minister said FEC made assumptions about the reference price for crude oil which is at $73.96 per barrel as well as an exchange rate of N700.

spot_img

Related articles

Wild Africa urges swift pangolin protection law

Wild Africa has urged the Federal Government to expedite passage of the Endangered Species Conservation and Protection Bill...

How tanker crash killed woman in Lagos

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) says a petrol tanker accident at Ekoro Road, Abule Egba, has...

Shettiman Keffi applauds President Tinubu over new electoral law

By Shettiman Keffi I wish to sincerely commend President Bola Tinibu, for signing the 2022 Electoral Act into law,...

Traditional Rulers Key to Ndokwa Unity – Amechi Asugwuni

The President-General of the Ndokwa Neku Union (NNU), Chief Amechi Asugwuni, says traditional rulers remain central to promoting...