NNPC denies reports of N3.3trn inflated subsidy claims

Date:

Share post:

Abuja, June 10, 2024 – The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has denied reports of inflated subsidy claims to the tune of N3.3 trillion.

Olufemi Soneye, its Chief Corporate Communications Officer, made the denial in a statement on Monday.

He said the company had always conducted its businesses accountably and transparently, with international best practices.

Soneye said NNPC Ltd had at no time inflated its subsidy claims with the Federal Government, noting that all previous subsidy claims by the company were verifiable, as relevant records and documents had been sent to relevant authorities and agencies.

He said that NNPC Ltd. was neither aware of any audit of its subsidy claims nor probe, noting that the ridiculous reports were the products of the imagination of the reporters and their respective media houses.

“NNPC Ltd. will resist any attempt to drag the company into the apparent politics of fuel subsidy as it currently operates on commercial basis and on the express provisions of the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA).

spot_img

Related articles

Wild Africa urges swift pangolin protection law

Wild Africa has urged the Federal Government to expedite passage of the Endangered Species Conservation and Protection Bill...

How tanker crash killed woman in Lagos

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) says a petrol tanker accident at Ekoro Road, Abule Egba, has...

Shettiman Keffi applauds President Tinubu over new electoral law

By Shettiman Keffi I wish to sincerely commend President Bola Tinibu, for signing the 2022 Electoral Act into law,...

Traditional Rulers Key to Ndokwa Unity – Amechi Asugwuni

The President-General of the Ndokwa Neku Union (NNU), Chief Amechi Asugwuni, says traditional rulers remain central to promoting...