“I’m Not With Tinubu” Kwankwaso Rejects Tinubu Connection

Date:

Share post:

Kwankwasiyya Movement has dismissed claims linking former Kano State governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2027 elections, calling the allegation false and politically motivated.

Kwankwaso Fires Back at Kano Govt Claim

The reaction followed comments from the Director General of Media and Publicity at Kano State Government House, Sanusi Bature, during an interview on Arise TV on Wednesday.

Bature said Kwankwaso’s political moves could eventually benefit President Tinubu.

“There are those who are working for Tinubu openly in the public space, and there are also those who can work for Tinubu behind the scene,” Bature said.

Furthermore, he claimed that Kwankwaso had supported Tinubu before.

“I believe whatever Kwankwaso is doing will favour Tinubu at the end of it because Kwankwaso has worked for Tinubu in 2023,” he added.

Kwankwaso Camp Denies Any APC Link

However, Kwankwasiyya spokesperson Habeeb Saleh Mohammed rejected the allegation during an exclusive interview with Vanguard on Wednesday. He said political opponents created the claim to weaken Kwankwaso’s influence.

“What Sanusi Bature and the state government are trying to do is nothing short of desperation to discredit us and to create narratives they know are not true,” he said.

Furthermore, Habeeb insisted that Kwankwaso has remained open about his political activities and has never operated through secret deals.

“My principal has always been a very frank person, very clear about where he is going and what he is doing. He is not somebody that plays under-deal politics,” he said.

Kwankwaso Challenges Critics

Meanwhile, Habeeb dismissed reports of any alliance or hidden talks with the ruling APC ahead of the 2027 general elections.

“At any point in time, we have never reached out to APC. If they have any evidence, they should bring it forward,” he stated.

He also said Kwankwaso only had one known engagement with President Tinubu several years ago.

“My principal has never had any encounter aside from the one he had with the president about three years ago,” he said.

Consequently, Habeeb accused political opponents of trying to shape public opinion against Kwankwaso and reduce his growing influence in the Nigerian Democratic Congress.

“These statements are only meant to diminish his popularity and throw doubt into people’s minds, but we are used to this kind of political game,” he added.

In response, he urged Nigerians to examine such political claims carefully and determine the facts for themselves. He also said the movement had already chosen a clear political path against the ruling party and the current administration.

External Links

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

spot_img

Related articles

Tinubu appoints Prof Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Professor Segun Aina as the new JAMB registrar to succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede...

Save, think beyond monthly allowance – NYSC tells corps members

NYSC Director-General Brig.-Gen. Olakunle Nafiu has urged corps members to save money and create multiple income streams beyond...

Paul Ngwu: New Laser Prostate Treatment Cuts Surgery Risks And Prevents Kidney Damage

A consultant surgeon has said a new laser procedure for enlarged prostate treatment can cut surgical risks, prevent...

Why Fubara Withdraws From APC 2027 Governorship Race

Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara has pulled out of the APC governorship primaries ahead of the 2027 elections,...